Research Analyst - M&A Transactions Research in Technology, Media & Marketing
About Petsky Prunier: Petsky Prunier is a leading investment bank to the technology, media, marketing, eCommerce, and healthcare industries. For 2011-2017, Petsky Prunier has been ranked the #1 investment bank by Bloomberg for mid-market Internet and Advertising transactions. Our firm's merger and acquisition and private placement advisory services reflect a unique blend of product specialization and industry expertise. Together with strategic consulting firm Winterberry Group, an affiliated company, our organization represents one of the largest industry-specific advisors providing strategic and transactional services. We offer global reach supplemented through our partnerships in China and India. Securities transactions are processed through Petsky Prunier Securities LLC, a member of FINRA, and an affiliated entity.
Note: This Research Analyst position is a support job in our marketing department – it is not an equity research or investment banking analyst role. The position is focused on tracking transactions that occur in Petsky Prunier’s banking universe and maintaining that information in the firm’s proprietary database, then using that information to produce reports. The position may, on occasion, contribute market information to investment banking pitches, but is not part of the firm’s deal teams and will not be working on client engagements.
A writing sample is required when applying. Please attach your writing sample to the bottom of your resume.
The Research Analyst will be primarily responsible for:
- Tracking daily M&A and investment activity and deal metrics around transactions in the technology, media, marketing, eCommerce, and healthcare industries, relying on both primary and secondary research sources
- Maintaining M&A, investment, and IPO transactions in Petsky Prunier’s proprietary transaction database
- Authoring the firm’s semiannual Deal Notes publication with a 25,000+ global readership, including written analysis, supporting graphics, and semiannual press releases (http://petskyprunier.com/dealnotes/)
- Leading monthly status meetings, authoring and presenting monthly M&A & Investment Activity Summary reports and emails (http://petskyprunier.com/monthly-transaction-summaries/?year=2018)
- Producing Daily Deal summaries to post on Petsky Prunier’s blog (https://petskyprunierdailydeals.wordpress.com/)
- On occasion, contributing to client pitch presentations, specifically in “Industry” and “Valuation” sections
The Research Analyst position offers an outstanding opportunity for motivated individuals to be part of a leading investment bank that fosters multiple avenues for personal and professional development. Petsky Prunier is intensely focused on nurturing an environment conducive to the growth and internal advancement of its team members.
The Research Analyst position requires a desire to contribute to and learn from a fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization. Candidates must be comfortable working in both team-oriented and individual capacities, and should be highly motivated, energetic, personable, and capable of managing multiple tasks within short windows of time.
- Technical/business writing experience in the financial services industry and a demonstrated ability to communicate knowledgeably about transaction activity
- Knowledge of the technology industry and digital marketing/media a plus
- Experience with primary and secondary research (CapIQ, Edgar, etc.), data analysis and M&A principles
- Experience with excel spread sheets and graphing
- Understanding of financial statements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Internships and/or full-time positions in the financial services industry desirable
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree
- Finance or accounting concentrations or journalism, marketing, or other communications-focused concentration is acceptable if accompanied by a minimum of two years of financial industry writing experience and a basic understanding of financial reporting
All interested candidates should submit a writing sample with their resumes. Writing samples should be business-oriented, produced in a professional vs academic environment, and, ideally, focused on financial services.
Please attach your writing sample to the bottom of your resume when applying. No phone calls please.