The Marketing Specialist/Manager position is dedicated to developing and leading the execution of marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives and overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional, event-related, and PR activities. The marketing manager translates Petsky Prunier’s business activities into compelling external communications that drive fee-generating opportunities for the firm. The marketing manager stays abreast of changes in the marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjusts plans accordingly. The role encourages initiative and offers significant growth potential for a professional with a proactive, creative approach.
Primary responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Work closely with senior management in developing a strategic annual marketing plan to meet organizational objectives and lead its execution
- Oversee the development, production, and distribution of the firm’s marketing collateral (internal and external, online and offline) and targeted investment banking materials, such as the firm’s new business pitch template, company overview presentation, case study “library,” and various company source files.
- Draft transaction press releases and other firm announcements, including research announcements, event invitations, new hire announcements, etc.
- Execute end‐to‐end email marketing campaigns for firm announcements, including planning, targeting, formatting, testing, execution, and ongoing optimization.
- Manage company website(s) in conjunction with IT and external resources. Maintain and constantly improves website experience, content, and visibility. Assist with creation and launch of new website.
- Develop social media marketing strategies to expand the firm’s social audience and increase engagement. Manage day-to-day publishing and monitoring on social media channels, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, CrunchBase, Google+, and our Daily Deals blog.
- Assist with management and execution of all elements of Petsky Prunier-sponsored conferences and events, including venue selection, vendor relationships, collateral production, invitations, promotional items, sponsorships, and press coverage, if warranted.
- Establish and manage strong working relationships with outside agency and creative/production resources, as-needed, on key projects for the firm.
- Identify industry events for attendance by firm professionals for business development opportunities, as well as speaking opportunities to raise Petsky Prunier’s industry profile and also drive business. Lead the development and production of speaking proposals and speaker materials.
- Serve as liaison to industry databases tracking transaction activity, such as Bloomberg, S&P, Mergermarket, PitchBook, and Reuters. Ensure firm’s transactions are submitted to all key industry databases correctly.
- Lead PR strategy. Develop relationships with key industry reporters and bloggers to create press opportunities that highlight Petsky Prunier and feature our professionals as thought-leaders.
- Manage internal business development activities, including staff meetings and biannual senior management strategy sessions.
The Marketing Specialist/Manager is able to leverage an in-depth knowledge of the firm’s ongoing transactional activities, as well as Petsky Prunier’s positioning within the investment banking industry, to create proactive marketing opportunities that raise awareness about the firm and its team of professionals, ultimately leading to expanding Petsky Prunier’s client base. This professional needs to work effectively with colleagues at all levels of the firm – from the senior partners to analysts who need to provide transaction-related information for marketing materials. The position requires familiarity with industry structure, terminology, and key industry participants, exceptional written and oral communication skills (both face-to-face and via telephone), and strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail and multitasking ability. The marketing manager must possess excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously against tight deadlines. A minimum of two year of marketing, PR, and event management experience is required, ideally with a financial services firm (investment bank, asset management/investment firm, brokerage) or professional services organization (law or consulting firm). Experience Powerpoint, Photoshop, Excel, Word and previous interaction with email service providers, including email templates, and social media, as well as knowledge of website functionality, including basic HTML, and interactive design is also needed. Resourceful and enterprising individuals able to work independently with minimal supervision are critical.
About Petsky Prunier LLC
Petsky Prunier is one of the leading investment banks to the technology, media, marketing, eCommerce, and healthcare industries. Our firm's merger and acquisition and private placement advisory services reflect a unique blend of product specialization and industry expertise. Together with strategic consulting firm Winterberry Group, our organization represents one of the largest industry-specific advisors providing strategic and transactional services. We offer global reach supplemented through our partnerships in China and India. Securities transactions are processed through Petsky Prunier Securities LLC, a member of FINRA, and an affiliated entity.