Colleen Filipo, Director
Since joining Petsky Prunier in 2006, Colleen Filipo has participated in numerous transactions involving marketing data, digital advertising, and out-of-home and specialty media companies. Over the past seven years, she has helped management and shareholders realize more than $1 billion in transaction value. Her primary focus is supporting client management throughout the deal process, helping to mitigate demands on their time. Colleen has spent her entire career in M&A, both in an advisory role as well as in corporate development where she evaluated, structured and integrated acquired technologies, teams and businesses. Notable transactions at Petsky Prunier include the divestiture of Carlson Marketing to Groupe Aeroplan (Aimia); the sale of Brand Connections, one of the largest providers of out-of-home integrated media and marketing programs reaching consumers in specialty venues; the sale of Healthy Advice Networks, the largest out-of-home media company providing consumer health education and information in physician’s offices; the sale of DentalPlans.com, the top direct-to-consumer marketer of dental savings plans; and the recapitalization of CLEARLINK, a performance-based provider of marketing services and customer acquisition solutions.
Prior to joining Petsky Prunier, Colleen worked in Investment Banking at Banc of America Securities, where she participated in equity financings and M&A transactions in the healthcare group. She also served as a Director of Decision Support in the corporate development group at Thomson Corporation, where she was actively involved in evaluating acquisitions and strategic partnerships in the information and technology sectors. Prior to that role, she supported cross border transactions for a middle market investment bank based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Colleen holds a B.A. in Economics from Harvard University and an M.B.A. from MIT Sloan School of Management.
Selected transactions completed by Colleen at Petsky Prunier include:
- Deluxe Corp.'s $200MM acquisition of First Manhattan Consulting Group
- Cognizant's acquisition of Idea Couture
- $207MM Sale of Clearlink to Sykes Enterprises
- $160MM Sale of Datamyx to Deluxe Corp.
- Sale of Sq1 to Ansira
- Sale of RPM Direct to EXL Service
- Sale of Steel Media to Social Reality
- Sale of Cadient Group to Cognizant
- Sale of DentalPlans.com to The Riverside Company
- Sale of Show Media’s Taxi Top Media division to VeriFone Systems, Inc.
- Divestiture of Tranzact Information Services to Halyard Capital on behalf of TRANZACT
- Sale of MediMedia Information Technologies to Susquehanna Growth Equity
- Sale of a majority equity stake in CLEARLINK Technologies to Pamlico Capital
- Sale of Group DCA to PDI
- Divestiture of Carlson Marketing to Groupe Aeroplan (Aimia)
- Sale of Brand Connections to Veronis Suhler Stevenson
- Sale of AdOn Networks to Prime Visibility Media Group
- Sale of Healthy Advice Networks to Catterton Partners
- Sale of CPC Associates to Epsilon
- Datamark’s acquisition of select technology assets from Altius Education
- Sale of Advanced Results Marketing to Eos Partners
- Merger of Outcast Media with PumpTop TV and Health Club Network
- Sale of Budco to Glencoe Capital
- Sale of Outdoor Partner Media to Prime Point Media
- Sale of Credo to TRANZACT
- Sale of Innovation Ads to On Target Media Holdings, Inc.