J.P. Michaud, Managing Director
J.P. Michaud joined Petsky Prunier in 2016 as a managing director in the firm’s Charlotte, North Carolina office. J.P.’s investment banking coverage focuses on technology-enabled business services.
Prior to Petsky Prunier, J.P. was a director at 7 Mile Advisors, a Charlotte-based investment banking firm, where he was responsible for deal sourcing and execution on M&A transactions in the technology, business services, and professional services industries. While at 7 Mile Advisors, J.P. completed more than 20 transactions across multiple verticals, including IT services, engineering, SaaS, and healthcare.
J.P. began his career at Rehrig Pacific Company, a privately-held, fourth-generation family business in the material handling products space. During his ten-year career at Rehrig, J.P. began as a plant engineer before transitioning to the business side of the company. He held positions in sales, sales management, and new product development, which lead to extensive business development opportunities.
J.P. holds a B.S. in Biosystems Engineering from Clemson University and an M.B.A. (with a concentration in Corporate Finance) from the Graduate School of Business at the University of Kansas.
Selected transactions completed by J.P. include:
- Sale of Vertiba to Publicis.Sapient
- Data Intensity’s (a portfolio company of Audax Group) acquisition of RedStack Technology Group
- Baird Capital’s majority investment in R2integrated
- Valorem Consulting’s acquisition of IdentityMine
- Sale of Etherios to West Monroe Partners
- IMPLAN Group’s majority investment from Boathouse Capital
- IMPLAN Group’s acquisition of MIG
- Pactera’s acquisition of Blue Fountain Media
- Sale of JHE to CHIME
- N3’s recapitalization by Salem Investment Partners
- DataArt’s acquisition of AW Systems
- Riveron Consulting’s recapitalization from Kian Capital
- Sale of Redkite Technologies to Liquidhub
- Liquidhub’s acquisition of Harvest Solutions
- Liquidhub’s acquisition of ClosedWon
- Sale of LPA Systems to LPA Software
- Sale of GGA Software to EPAM
- Sale of Netsoft USA to EPAM