Amy LaBan, CFA, Managing Director
Amy LaBan has extensive experience completing successful transactions in the technology, marketing, and media industries. She joined Petsky Prunier in 2008 and leads business development for the firm. Previously, she spent 11 years at Lake Capital, a private equity fund managing $1.3 billion in equity commitments that invests in services companies. During her time at Lake Capital, Amy was a key member of the investment team, which raised more than $1.7 billion in equity commitments and was responsible for business development and transaction sourcing. She proactively originated platform company candidates and built pipelines of follow‐on targets through direct calling on entrepreneurs and fostering intermediary/referral relationships, including a long‐term relationship with Petsky Prunier.
Amy has years of experience in the public markets as both a corporate head of investor relations and as an investor relations consultant. She also spent five years at Citibank in an international cash management division as a product manager. She began her career in advertising in account management and market research.
Amy holds a B.A. in Asian studies and a B.S. in economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, as well as an M.B.A. from Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management. She is a CFA charterholder.
Selected engagements Amy has been involved with while at Petsky Prunier include:
- Traackr's Series B growth financing by Workhorse Capital
- Sale of Lenati to ProKarma
- FreshAddress's strategic investment from TZP Growth Partners
- Sale of Zorch International to Satori Capital
- Sale of Geoscape to Claritas
- Carlton Group’s investment from H.I.G. Growth Partners
- Strategic consulting engagements for Grapeshot
- Sale of Ad-Builder to the Local Search Association
- Sale of Clarus Commerce, including freeshipping.com, by Norwest Venture Partners to Trivergance, Falcon Investment Advisors, and Landon Capital Partners
- Centerfield's significant growth recapitalization from H.I.G. Growth Partners
- Envelopes.com's significant investment from TZP Group
- Sale of Visible Technologies to GTCR-owned Vocus and Cision
- Manifest Digital’s acquisition of social marketing agency SocialKaty, a Lightbank portfolio company
- Simpli.fi’s $16MM Series B growth financing led by Frontier Capital
- Sale of CitizenHawk to the Corporate Legal Services (CLS) unit of Wolters Kluwer NV
- Brand Networks' $68MM minority investment from AEA Investors
- Sale of Triad Retail Media to Rockbridge Growth Equity and Falcon Investment Advisors
- Sale of River North Group's Marketing Drive and WELD media to Match Marketing Group
- Sale of Brant Screen Craft to Hammond, Kennedy, Whitney, and Co.
- Sale of mediaFORGE to Rakuten LinkShare
- Strategic consulting engagement for Ansira, a portfolio company of KRG Capital
- Strategic consulting engagement for US Water Filters, a portfolio company of XPV Capital
- Sale of SkyMall to Direct Brands, Inc.
- BrightTag's $15MM growth financing led by Baird Capital
- Sale of Budco to Glencoe Capital
- Take-private sale of Pareto Corporation to The Riverside Company
- Strategic consulting engagement for VSA Partners, a portfolio company of Cognitive Capital
- Sale of eCircle AG to TA Associates
- Sale of Direct Group's Fulfillment and Database Management Divisions to Budco
- Sale of DoneRight! to Tree.com
- Strategic consulting engagement for eCircle